Brighton Marina is to the east of the City of Brighton and is the largest marina complex in Europe, with 1,600 berths and ancillary services. It is conveniently situated within walking distance along a promenade from the centre of Brighton.
As well as being a working harbour, it is also an entertainment complex with shops, restaurants, an eight screen cinema and a bowling alley. There are many attractive apartments overlooking the Marina. Brighton Marina was opened to boats in 1978 and officially opened by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II in 1979.
It is the start of a popular undercliff walk below the chalk and flint cliffs, stretching for three miles, past Ovingdean and Rottingdean to Saltdean. The busy A259 road runs along the top of the cliffs and is well served by public transport.
From Brighton Marina, there is a spectacular view of the world famous Roedean School on its clifftop location at the edge of the South Downs National Park. It was founded in 1885 and is a residential school for girls from ages eleven to eighteen. The school has its own tunnel leading down to the Undercliff Walk near the Marina.