Littlebury, in north-west Essex, is a small village with many attractive cottages. It stands on the River Cam, two miles north-west of Saffron Walden and fifteen miles south of Cambridge. It is close to Audley End House and Gardens, renowned as one of the finest Jacobean houses in England. It is open to the public. Henry Winstanley, (1644-1703) the architect of Audley End House, lived in the village. He also built the first Eddystone Lighthouse.
The village has one pub, The Queens Head Inn, a 15th century coaching inn. Holy Trinity Church was built on the site of a Roman camp. The earliest record of the church dates from 1163, but it was considerably altered in the 19th century.
Where in England is Littlebury, Essex
[codespacing_progress_map post_ids=”8817″ faceted_search=”no” carousel=”no”]